How to train
If we can train ourselves to get comfortable with discomfort … how do we do that?
Here’s a brief primer on how to train (more on these steps in other posts).
- Figure out your why. Know your motivation. You have to have a reason to stay in the discomfort when you’re confronted by fear.
- Set a shorter term goal. Something a month out, no more than a few months.
- Have accountability.
- Have training sessions — several times a week, or even daily. Just 20 or 30 minutes.
- Focus on small steps each training session.
- Be flexible in your training. If things go badly, it’s an opportunity to learn, and we can simply adjust the training instead of collapsing.
- Review & learn from how things go. Constantly get better.
Those are the basics.
Read other posts